- 2 Cups warm water about 110-120 degrees
- ⅔ Cups white sugar
- 1½ Tablespoons yeast
- 1½ Teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 6 cups flour
- Place sugar and water in bowl
- Sprinkle with yeast and let dissolve 5-15 minutes
- Add salt, oil and half the flour mix together.
- Add remaining flour. Change to dough hook and mix till its pulling away from the sides.
- Pull out onto lightly floured surface and knead shortly
- Place in greased bowl flipping to cover both sides.
- Top with saran wrap or damp warm towel
- Set aside in draft free area and let rise till doubles in size. About 1 hour
- Remove cover and punch down.
- Lay out on lightly floured surface and cut in half.
- Flaten out into rectangle and “jelly” roll into a loaf.
- Pinch ends together and place in greased 9×5 bread pans.
- Repeat with other half.
- Cover and let rise till double in size about 30-50 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Once double in size bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Pull out and brush top with butter.
- Let rest 10 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
- *Bakers notes: I’ve decreased the sugar down to ¼ cup or ⅓ cup instead of using full amount.
- I’ve also cut the oil down to 2 Tablespoons and substituted the oil for butter.
CLICK NEXT PAGE TO CONTINUE READING…