Servings: 11 • Size: 1/2 cup • Points +: 4 • Smart Points: 3
Calories: 160 • Fat: 7 g • Saturated Fat: 3 g • Carb: 1 g • Fiber: 0 g • Protein: 20 g
Sugar: 0 g • Sodium: 397 mg • Cholesterol: 69 mg
- 2 1/2 pounds trimmed, boneless pork shoulder blade roast
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 6 cloves garlic, cut into sliver
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sazon (I used homemade)
- 1/4 teaspoon dry oregano
- 3/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2-3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (to taste)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dry adobo seasoning (I used Goya)
Season pork with salt and pepper. In a medium sauté pan on medium-high heat, brown pork on all sides for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Using a sharp knife, insert blade into pork, cutting small holes and insert garlic slivers all the way in so you no longer see them. Season pork generously with cumin, adobo. sazon, oregano all over.
Pour chicken broth in the crockpot, add bay leaves and chipotle peppers. Place pork in crock pot and cover. Cook low for 8 hours. After 8 hours, shred pork using two forks and combine well with the juices that accumalated at the bottom. Remove bay leaves and adjust salt and cumin as needed. Let it cook another 15-30 minutes.
CLICK NEXT PAGE TO CONTINUE …